How to make basil salt?
Hi to all Snaplants! 🙂
I just love basil and grow it a lot in my garden. And I like salt too (bad for me!). I’ve heard about basil salt and I am thinking to try and make it. What is the best and easiest way to do it? Thanks in advance for all your answers!
It’s so true! I can use basil nearly in every meal! 😀 Basil salt is easy to make. You need only two ingredients – fresh basil and kosher salt. Alaso prepare a food processor, baking sheet and a glass jar to store your basil salt when it is ready.
1. Take 1/2 cup of fresh basil leaves and kosher salt (each).
2. Use food processor to puree the basil and kosher salt together.
3. Place the basil/salt mixture in an even layer on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes in a 225 degree oven. Lightly mix it up after 10 minutes in the oven and then cook for another 10 minutes.
4. After baking, put the mixture back into the food processor and blend until finely ground. make sure your food processor is dry before using it.
5. Put ready made basil salt in a glass container with a tightly closed lid. That’s it!
The best time to make basil salt is during the summer when it is growing. Enjoy!
Kosher salt is categorized by its distinct small, flake-style crystal. It is iodine-free and it is preferred over table salt in order to preserve the taste of the meal from being damaged by iodine-related oxidation. The texture and shape of kosher-style salt is lighter and more delicate than a typical fine grain salt. Kosher-style salt also dissolves quickly and evenly into foods during cooking, and melds wonderfully with other flavors. It is a great salt to use in spice blends, as its light texture mixes well with other ingredients. But chemically there is virtually no difference between table salt, kosher salt, and sea salt.