What is a hydrostatic mower?
The hydrostatic mower is a lawnmower which is powered by a hydrostatic transmission. Such transmission is made up of a hydraulic pump and a hydraulic motor. The hydrostatic mower operates on a system of hydraulics, and not using belts and gears to run it. There are different types of the hydrostatic mowers: a walk-behind or a riding mower. Most commonly it is controlled by one or two foot pedals, but some models are operated by hand levers.
Advantages of the hydrostatic mowers are:
– quite easy to operate.
– offer high power in a compact size
– deliver a wider range of speeds
– maintain speed more accurately
– maneuver smoothly and respond quickly
– work equally well under wet or dry conditions
– feature very quick stops due to the dynamic braking